Sage is a cleansing energetic tool used to help soothe the Soul. When you sage, the smoke of the sage clears out negative energies and allows your body and environment to be cleansed.
According to Google:
- Sage is part of the mint family, alongside oregano, lavender, rosemary, thyme, and basil.
- Over recent years, studies demonstrating the health benefits of sage have grown in number.
- Sage appears to contain a range of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds.
- There are more than 900 species of sage.
However, on a Spiritual side, Sage has been known to heal the chakra energy centers by allowing your energy to flow freely. Sage is known to cleanse your mind, body, Spiritual energies, and environment. While using sage, it is also important to include other herbs in your cleansing.
Other herbs to bundle and burn include rosemary, thyme, lavender. You may also choose to douse the herbs in organic essential oils and allow them to dry in order to enhance your cleansing experience.
The essential oils recommended includes dragon's blood, lavender, oregano, lemongrass. Each of these essential oils have cleansing properties and allows the environment to be cleared of old energies and renewed.
- Clean your environment.
- Close all windows and allow natural light into your environment.
- Light the sage and walk throughout your home starting at the farthest bathroom and continuing to the front door.
- After ten minutes, open all windows and doors allowing the smoke to leave and fresh air to enter.
- After sage, say a prayer or meditate on your intentions.
- Spend a few days contemplating on your intention and helping yourself remain grounded and balance.
- Take a salt bath or salt scrub shower.
- Put on light colors when preparing a saging.
- Choose a quiet environment to complete your saging.
- Grab your favorite crystals and place them around you.
- Stand and light your sage.
- Begin at the bottom of your feet and sage your body from bottom to top. Then, sage from top to bottom.
- Place the sage six inches away from your nostrils and inhale the smoke through your nose and breathe out.
- Sage your crystals that were used to enhance your experience.
- Put out the sage and place it in a safe place.
- Open your windows and allow the old energy to leave, welcoming new rebirthing energies.
- Put all of your materials away.
- Spend sometime in quiet meditative state, allowing your mind to balance.
- Now relax.
Everything you need to know about sage. (2018). Megan Ware, RDN, L.D. Retrieved from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/266480